Hours of Operation / Curfew Hours / Animal Control / Vehicle Lockout / Trailer Parking / Public Information Officer / Eaton Municipal Court / Snow Removal / Complaints or Compliments / Protect Yourself and Property / Speaking Engagements / Employment / Automated External Defribillators / Patch Collectors / 2017 Statistical Report / Personnel
The telephone numbers for the Eaton Police Department are (970) 454-2212. Faxes may be sent to (970) 454-3648.For emergency calls please dial 9-1-1. For non-emergency calls 24 hours a day, residents should call (970) 454-2212. After 6:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays your call will be answered by a WeldCounty Dispatcher, who will dispatch an EatonOfficer to assist you.
(1) When accompanied by a parent, guardian or other person having legal care or custody of such minor, or
(2) For lawful employment,
(3) When such minor is in the custody of and accompanied by a person who has reached his or her eighteenth birthday and who has in his or her possession the written consent of such parent, guardian or other person having legal care or custody of such minor.
Dogs captured by the Eaton Police Department are housed at the Eaton Animal Den located at 231 S. Elm Ave. Residents who think their dog might have been picked up bythe the police department may either call the police department at (970) 454-2212 or the Animal Den at (970) 454-3353.
Section 15-4-1 - Detached trailers, recreational vehicles and boats.
*Publication Date: 12/24/15
*Enforcement Date: 01/25/16
For purposes of this section, "trailer" means any wheeled vehicle that is without motive power and designed to be drawn by a motor vehicle. A "recreational vehicle" means campers, pickup campers or trailers containing living space and amenities found in a home that are without motive power and designed to be drawn by a motor vehicle. A "pickup camper" means a camper body capable of being loaded or unloaded from or to the bed of a pickup truck.
(2) No recreational vehicle shall be detached from a towing vehicle and left standing in any public right-of-way, except that a detached recreational vehicle may be left standing in the public right of way that adjoins and is contiguous to property owned by, leased by or otherwise in the control of the owner of the recreational vehicle for a period not to exceed twenty-four (24) hours.
*EXCEPTIONS* To 15-4-2
1) Out of Town Visitor: May apply for a permit at the Eaton Police Department for a period of 14 days. Visitor may reapply after the initial for additional 14 days (Total 28 days of permit).
Eaton Municipal Code - Section 14-1-1
It shall be the duty of any person or persons actually occupying or using premises as owner, lessee or tenant thereof, within the corporate limits of the Town of Eaton, to keep the public sidewalk contiguous to the premises and grounds so occupied or used free and clear of all snow and ice, and it shall be the duty of such person or persons to remove all snow from said sidewalks within twenty-four (24) hours after the snow has fallen.
Eaton Police Department has the following recommendations for residents when it comes to their personal property:
1. Lock all of your doors, both when gone andat home.
2. Do not leave your car unlocked. Make sure you remove personal items from view andplace themin the trunk ofyour vehicle.
3. Close your garage door. An open doorinvites your property to be stolen.
4. When going on vacation, notify the police department. We will check your property daily.
5. Notify the police immediately,if you see someone hanging around your neighborhood that you don\'t know.
Violent Crimes per 1,000: 0.88
Property Crimes per 1,000: 0.44
Job announcements may be placed on the Town of Eaton website, CCICJob Finder, as well as area newspapers.
The Eaton Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What an AED treats is an abnormal heart rhythm called Ventricular Fibrillation (or V-Fib) that causes the heart to stop circulating blood. V-Fib is a heart condition in which the heart quivers instead of mechanically pumping the blood throughout the body. The most effective treatment for V-Fib is CPR and use of a defibrillator.
Automated External Defibrillators are designed to allow anyone to use them regardless if they have been formally trained on their operations. AED's accomplish this through use of voice instructions, pictures and prompts. An AED will only deliver a shock if indicated and is safe when used correctly.
All Eaton Police Officers are trained in the proper care and use of Automated External Defibrillators. Officers respond on every heart related medical emergency.
2018 Eaton Police Case Clearance Percentage - 71.70%
Animal Attacks - 6
Assault - 32
Burglary - 9
Code Enforcement Citations - 87
Code Enforcement Violations - 239
Controlled Substances - 24
Criminal Mischief - 40
D.U.I. - 17
Fraud/Identity Theft - 38
FTA/FTC Warrant Arrests - 80
Harassment - 34
Menacing/Deadly Weapons Calls for Service - 14
Motor Vehicle Theft - 22
Year End Registered Sexual Offenders - 5
Theft - 68
Traffic Accidents - 101
Trespassing - 18
Chief Arthur Mueller -(970) 454-2212 x email@example.com
Sergeant Thomas Suter - (970) 454-2212 x 107 -firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporal Matthew Rundle - (970) 454-2212 x 130 - email@example.com
Officer John Torres - (970) 454-2212 x 131 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer Dwain Allen Jr. - (970) 454-2212 x 132 - email@example.com
SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER - COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER
Officer Susan Daigle - (970) 454-2212 x135 - firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - COURT CLERK