Update on Library COVID 19 Response
To our valued patrons:
Eaton Public Library has resumed most services and we are eager to serve you! We are holding a reading program this summer with lots of great prizes for all ages. While you can register on-line through the Eaton Library Website, you will need to drop by the library during our open hours to pick your prizes.
Please note our new hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6 pm, and Saturday, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
There are other differences:
- Most public seating has been put in storage because of concerns about spreading germs on surfaces
- Computers are available on a first come first serve basis, and will be cleaned with an antibacterial after each use
- We’ve created lots of book displays, prepared take away bags full of interesting books and videos you can borrow, placed social distancing stickers and signage around the library and are continuing with curbside services upon request
We are following the safety guidelines recommended for all public libraries in Colorado. Staff is:
- Wearing masks (and we ask that you wear one to protect the staff who are serving you, others using the library and yourself)
- Available to help if needed but self check-out is encouraged (and the machines will be disinfected after each person)
- Asking that items be returned to the outside corner book drop unless it is too large to fit
- Quarantining returned items for 72 hours before they are made available for you to borrow
- Limiting the number of patrons who are in the library at any given time
- Frequently disinfecting surfaces -- the computers, self check machine, photocopier, etc.
- Continuing with virtual programs only for now
We are also adapting our programs and activities for online and remote access. Visit the Eaton Public Library Facebook page and website to learn more; library staff are working hard to create interesting opportunities for creativity and learning. There are online storytimes by Miss Judy, bilingual content by Miss Katie, a code club, and craft projects--along with cooking classes, yoga, and more. Follow our page on Facebook to receive automatic updates.
Keep checking our website https://townofeaton.colorado.gov/library and Facebook page for updates on our services and activities. For now, the library is only a phone call away.
Please stay safe and well,
Brenda Carns, Library Director
4/28/2020 Update: Colorado "Safer at Home" Order
7/16/2020 Update: Colorado Mask Order
Colorado State Government COVID-19 Information