Please see the job posting and application instructions below for any offerings the Town has open:
EATON POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HIRING A FULL TIME POLICE OFFICER PLEASE FILL OUT BELOW APPLICATION!
Position: Police Officer ONLY P.O.S.T CERTFIED
Annual Salary: Hiring Range $55,000-$60,000, Full Range $55,000-$75,000 DOQ
Reports to: Police Chief, Police LT, Police Sgt
Benefits: The Town offers an excellent benefits package covering the employee including full health, dental, Gap insurance, long-term disability and life insurances; and a retirement contribution package.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Police Officer position supports the Town Police department in the prevention of crime, protection of life and property, enforcement of laws and ordinances, conducting investigations, and providing assistance and information to the public. All employees are required to perform work in a manner consistent with and exemplary per the Town of Eaton’s Employee Handbook.
The Police Officer position has no direct reports. This position reports to the sergeant or corporal and is under the general supervision of the chief of police.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions on a case-by-case basis. There is frequent need to sit, stand, stoop, walk, and perform other similar actions during the workday. Incumbents require sufficient mobility to work in an office and field setting. Position requires continuous moderate or occasional heavy physical activity. Work involves exposure to hazardous substances, potentially dangerous situations, and unpleasant work conditions such as adverse weather conditions. Incumbents may operate both office and physical equipment used in the field and occasionally will transport materials and supplies weighing up to 75 pounds. Incumbents require the ability to travel to various locations; must be able to see in the normal visual range with or without correction with vision sufficient to read small print, computer screens and other printed documents; and must be able to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not excluded them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
· Patrol the town by car, foot, or bicycle to secure life and property, observe situations, investigate suspicious or criminal activity, and deter crime by high visibility.
· Responds to emergency calls for service to protect public safety and property. Also responds to diffuse situations, resolve problems, and enforce laws and town ordinances.
· Provides information, assistance, and direction to the public in a variety of situations.
· Takes reports and assists the public with complaints or unusual situations.
· Develops effective working relationships throughout the community including businesses, schools, and the elderly.
· Assists in developing community crime prevention programs and speaks to educate local businesses, schools, and civic groups.
· Observes, monitors, and controls routine and unusual traffic situations; stops and warns drivers or issues citations for traffic violations as appropriate; provides traffic control at crash scenes or incidents situations, special events or other congested situations.
· Makes arrests and serves warrants; takes individuals into custody and may transport them for medical clearance and/or booking with the Weld County Jail or detox.
· Secures crimes scenes and evidence; interviews suspects, victims, and witnesses; collects and preserves evidence performs investigations and/or cooperates with other law enforcement agencies providing investigative and case development support.
· Assists the Town Attorney and the District Attorney staff in preparing, documenting, and developing cases and gathering information; testifies in court as required.
· Provides mutual aid to other law enforcement agencies in accordance with departmental policy.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILL
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Thorough knowledge of current law enforcement practices.
· Applicable Town policies, laws and regulations affecting Department activities.
· Thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, procedures common to Police Department operations.
· Ability to effectively testify in court or at hearings.
· Ability to use standard office equipment, including computers.
· Ability to use standard office and specialized police software.
· Ability to maintain healthy relationships with the staff and public.
· Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
· Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
· Represent the Town in a professional, effective manner.
· Work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or GED required. Postsecondary education preferred but not required. P.O.S.T. certification required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
· Must comply with organizational and departmental policies.
HOURS OF WORK
· Candidate would work shifts that include nights and weekends, up to 40 hours.
Note: This position description is not intended to be an exclusive list of all of the requirements, duties, tasks, roles or responsibilities associated with the position. Nothing in this position description restricts the Town’s ability to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. The Town is an “at will” employer, and Town employees may be separated from employment at any time and at the discretion of management.
The Town of Eaton is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Town of Eaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions for which they have applied without regard to gender (regardless of gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, creed, national origin ancestry, age 40 or older, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or other characteristics protected by law. The Town of Eaton will make all reasonable accommodations to ensure that people with disabilities have an equal opportunity in employment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notice Regarding Medical and/or Recreational Marijuana Use: Because the possession and use of marijuana whether for medical use or otherwise, constitutes a federal offense and because the Town is a drug free workplace, the Town will not accommodate the medical use of marijuana and enforces written policy prohibiting working for the Town while marijuana is in the body. The fact that state law recognizes medical marijuana as a prescribed or otherwise permitted, medication does not alter or otherwise change this policy.
Position posted until filled. To be considered, applicants must submit application, resume and cover letter upon applying.'
To apply for one of the open positions listed above please send a resume, cover letter, and copy of the application form below.
Send Materials by mail, fax, or email to one of the following:
223 First Street
Eaton, CO 80615
I authorize the investigation of any or all statements contained in this application. I also authorize, whether listed or not, any person, school, current employer, past employers, and organizations to provide relevant information and opinions that may be useful in making a hiring decision. I release such persons and organizations from any legal liability in making such statements.
I understand I may be required to successfully pass a drug screening examination. I hereby consent to a pre- and/or post-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, if required.
I understand that if I am extended an offer of employment it may be conditioned upon my successfully passing a complete pre-employment physical examination. I consent to the release of any or all medical information as may be deemed necessary to judge my capability to do the work for which I am applying.