Hours of Operation / Curfew Hours / Animal Control / Drug Take Back Kiosk / Trailer Parking / Public Information Officer / Eaton Municipal Court / Snow Removal / Complaints or Compliments / Protect Yourself and Property / Speaking Engagements / Employment / Toys from a Cop / Patch Collectors / 2021 Statistical Report / Personnel
The telephone numbers for the Eaton Police Department are (970) 454-2212. Faxes may be sent to (970) 454-3648.For emergency calls please dial 9-1-1. For non-emergency calls 24 hours a day, residents should call (970) 454-2212. After 5:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays your call will be answered by a Weld County Dispatcher, who will dispatch an Eaton Officer to assist you.
(1) When accompanied by a parent, guardian or other person having legal care or custody of such minor, or
(2) For lawful employment,
(3) When such minor is in the custody of and accompanied by a person who has reached his or her eighteenth birthday and who has in his or her possession the written consent of such parent, guardian or other person having legal care or custody of such minor.
Dogs captured by the Eaton Police Department are housed at the Eaton Animal Den located at 231 S. Elm Ave. Residents who think their dog might have been picked up by the the police department may either call the police department at (970) 454-2212 or the Animal Den at (970) 454-3353. THE EATON POLICE DEPARTMENT DOES NOT DEAL WITH CATS UNLESS IT IS A PUBLIC ENDANGERMENT SITUATION.
The Eaton Police Department takes prescription drugs year round. The green drop off kiosk is located in the main lobby and can accessed Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. During closed hours you can contact 970-454-2212 and an Officer will collect your prescriptions drugs for the kiosk. NO NEEDLES, NO MARIJUANNA, and NO CHEMO DRUGS.
Section 15-4-1 - Detached trailers, recreational vehicles and boats.
*Publication Date: 12/24/15
*Enforcement Date: 01/25/16
For purposes of this section, "trailer" means any wheeled vehicle that is without motive power and designed to be drawn by a motor vehicle. A "recreational vehicle" means campers, pickup campers or trailers containing living space and amenities found in a home that are without motive power and designed to be drawn by a motor vehicle. A "pickup camper" means a camper body capable of being loaded or unloaded from or to the bed of a pickup truck.
(2) No recreational vehicle shall be detached from a towing vehicle and left standing in any public right-of-way, except that a detached recreational vehicle may be left standing in the public right of way that adjoins and is contiguous to property owned by, leased by or otherwise in the control of the owner of the recreational vehicle for a period not to exceed twenty-four (24) hours.
*EXCEPTIONS* To 15-4-2
1) Out of Town Visitor: May apply for a permit at the Eaton Police Department for a period of 14 days. Visitor may reapply after the initial for additional 14 days (Total 28 days of permit).
Eaton Municipal Code - Section 14-1-1
It shall be the duty of any person or persons actually occupying or using premises as owner, lessee or tenant thereof, within the corporate limits of the Town of Eaton, to keep the public sidewalk contiguous to the premises and grounds so occupied or used free and clear of all snow and ice, and it shall be the duty of such person or persons to remove all snow from said sidewalks within twenty-four (24) hours after the snow has fallen.
All of us can remember a time when you could leave your house and car unlocked and even leave the keys in the ignition. Sad to say, those days are gone.
Eaton Police Department has the following recommendations for residents when it comes to their personal property:
1. Lock all of your doors, both when gone and at home.
2. Do not leave your car unlocked. Make sure you remove personal items from view and place the min the trunk of your vehicle.
3. Close your garage door. An open door invites your property to be stolen.
4. When going on vacation, notify the police department. We will check your property daily.
5. Notify the police immediately, if you see someone hanging around your neighborhood that you don\'t know.
FRAUD ALERT: Cybersecurity Guides for Seniors.
Job announcements may be placed on the Town of Eaton website, Indeed or CCIC, as well as area newspapers.
The Eaton Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
2021 Eaton Police Department Incident activity Clearance Rate -95.20%